November 9, 2009


View of the front of the cave from behind the dragon's shoulder
Floor view across the dragon's toes of the skull, stalactites, and crystals



Aerial view of the cave




Texture demonstration and glowing eyes




I started putting lighting in my scene by placing a spotlight with a wide angle at the entrance to the cave, serving as the "sunlight" coming in. This showed off my texturing very nicely and then I decided to have my dragon's eyes glow to increase the fantasy idea of my project. The mysterious glow of the gems and the greenish reflection off my dragon's skin were very nicely demonstrated through the lighting and the crystals added to that effect. I'm considering adding the varying color and light reflection attitudes to other textures in the landscaping.

No comments:

Post a Comment