November 9, 2009







Once I had gotten my dragon textured, I started on the landscape of the cave he'd be starting the video in and the stalactite "maze" he would run through. I tried out a few bump maps for the limestone effect and finally settled on a relatively smooth one for a slightly sandy effect. In fact, that gave me the idea of creating a sandy floor in the cave. Since I also added crystals from Maya's visor brush to my cave and changed them green, the sand effect worked wondrously in the landscape. It also looked more realistic than my previous idea of limestone flooring.



Considering my dragon's imaginary traits, I made a treasure pile with gold and gems on one side of the center of the "maze" and a skull and two typical long bones on the other. The idea is that the camera will be startled by the bones, knock into the dragon, and wake it up, thus starting the plotline of the dragon chasing the camera through the maze and out into the forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment