September 28, 2009











Upon thinking further, I realized that I needed some references when I was to sculpt my dragon. I decided that I wanted to combine several different animals to make the dragon I had thought of. For the basic skeleton overall I preferred a horse structure, but I didn't want the dragon to be resigned to cantering and walking, seeing as I wanted him to crouch, run, and breathe fire. So I considered a cheetah as the ribcage and hind leg model and reserved the neck and head for the horse. Concerning the wings, I decided to morph bird and bat wings, keeping the phlanges from the bat but making a simpler design with the overall structure, like a bird wing.




I obtained basic dragon feet pictures to give me ideas of how to sculpt the feet and hands. I had originally wanted to have opposable thumbs on the front feet, changing them into hands, but the pictures I found for the front feet had more fingers than I desired, so I took that into account when I started sculpting.

No comments:

Post a Comment